About Us & Our Process
At Goldsmith Silversmith, we have a small staff of designers and jewelers that are here to bring your ideas to life! Whether it's a family heirloom in need of new life, a broken piece of jewelry that has been sitting in your drawer, or that special piece you haven't been able to find anywhere else - we'll find a solution for you.
First time here? Here's what you need to know.
- We carry a mix of local artist work, estate jewelry, items from our partner designers, and jewelry that has been made in house by Dwaine, Jim, or our other talented staff members.
- Jim is our in-house jeweler. He's the guy that will set your stones, cast your custom designs, and work all other kinds of magic on your jewelry. He works out of the back of our shop and has been with the store for 30 years!
- Dwaine has owned the store and been in our location for 43 years. He has loads of experience and wisdom to share! He's off on Mondays, but stop in anytime Tuesday-Saturday after 11 a.m. or Sunday after 12 p.m. if you're looking for a one-on-one with the boss. Dwaine does a lot of the custom work and repairs himself or with help from his daughter Dani, who also works at the store.
- We can fix just about anything. Just bring in your broken item and we can give you a quote.
- We can make just about anything. If we don't have the perfect thing you're imagining out in the case, we can make it! We have a large stock of gemstones and pearls just waiting to become a custom piece.
- We do custom wax carving and casting. This is a process that takes approximately 6-8 weeks from start to finish. We will start by creating a sketch of your design (bring in any pictures or ideas you have!) and then submit it to our wax carver. After 2-3 weeks, we will call you to come look at the wax model of your piece. After that we will make any alterations if necessary, and then Jim will cast the wax in metal. After the jewelry is cast, Jim will set any stones and clean it up. Then you will have your brand new, completely one of a kind jewelry!
- We can replace watch batteries and remove watch links. Watch batteries are $10 + tax. Link removal is complementary. Usually this can be done while you wait, unless we are busy or the jeweler isn't in.
- You can recycle your own gold or silver to use in a new design. Have a bunch of old jewelry at home you won't miss? You can use it as scrap value towards a new piece. If it's yellow or rose gold, it can be melted down and cast into a new piece. Using your own metal for a casting job is a great way to recycle and is also a great value for a new piece!
- We have a shop cat, his name is Copper. He's a real character, we love him and you will too! Stop in anytime, he loves the attention.
- We are happy to answer your questions! Our business specializes in off the wall, unique and creative design solutions. Call, e-mail, send us a message, or stop in anytime and we'll do our best to find what you're looking for!